Monday 4 August 2014

Blogging it Forward

The Inspiration behind The Re-Awakening

Subsequent to my impactful experience on the Fortune Program in 2013, I was determined to make the investment in me count, and committed to sharing my learnings and “paying it forward”. My immediate give-back was to start this blog, to create a platform to share my learnings and experiences, knowing that I was about to embark on an incredible journey – just what that meant, I was yet to find out!

For me the most powerful posts were those detailing my day-to-day activities and thereafter my learnings from the program so that any other young, determined leaders could vicariously traverse my journey and indirectly benefit from the time, resources and unique opportunities afforded to me by being selected for the program. In doing so, the investment in one woman from South Africa, resulted in the benefits of the Program having (and continuing to have) an exponential reach across the globe. Post the blog being written, excerpts have been published in a number of local, international and web-based publications, and have also result in a number of number of speaking engagements. As such the sharing continues.  

In writing the blog initially I did have my own doubts and fears on how it would be received. And yes, since launching it I haven’t quite been able to maintain and update it as I initially hoped. But nonetheless, I do believe that by not being ruled by fear of receptivity and despite a lengthily absence from posting, it has served a valuable purpose. However, beyond just a powerful platform for sharing, the full extent of the reach, impact and incredible ripple-effect of the blog, as a direct result from the program, was (and to some extent still is) yet to be realised.  

Do stay-tuned and read the next few posts to follow to see just what I mean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment